Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Hair Pair

I have found a really good shampoo and conditioning pair! I had been looking for hair care items with good ingredients, but it was proving to be quite difficult. Finally, I checked out the Trader Joe's skin care/health section, where I found the Tea Tree Tingle Shampoo & Conditioner.



Shampoo Ingredients: Aqua (purified water), tea tree oil, peppermint oil, eucalyptus oil, rosemary oil, nettle oil, thyme oil, birch leaf oil, chamomile, clary, lavender, coltsfoot leaf, yarrow oil, mallow, horsetail oil, soybean protein, C12-14 olefinsulfonate (coconut derived), cocamidopropyl betaine, tocopherol (vitamin E), trace minerals, citric acid, sodium hydroxymethylglycinate, sodium chloride, grapefruit seed


Conditioner Ingredients: Aqua (purified water), tea tree oil, peppermint oil, eucalyptus oil, rosemary oil, nettle oil, thyme oil, birch leaf oil, chamomile, clary, lavender, coltsfoot leaf, yarrow oil, mallow, horsetail oil, soybean protein, cetyl alcohol (plant derived), tocopherol (vitamin E), trace minerals, citric acid, sodium hydroxymethylglycinate, grapefruit seed

They each cost $3.99 for 16 oz., the price per ounce is the same as Herbal Essence's shampoo and conditioner. Basically, they work and I feel good about using them. :)

~ Susan

4 comments:

  1. What a bargain:) I wish we had Trader Joe's here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's too bad, Trader Joe's has great prices for organic food too :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't tried Trader Joe's products yet, thanks for pointing it out. I am curious about the ingredient "cocamidopropyl betaine" it is also in a shampoo/conditioner from a favorite company of mine, Everyday Shea.

    I found some mixed reviews on the safety of it, so I am still on the fence whether to give it a try. Do you know or have you heard anything about cocamidopropyl betaine?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm okay with cocamidopropyl betaine because it's a better option that sulfates and it is coconut-derived. I've read that it's used in a lot of natural products, but that lauryl glucoside is a better (though more costly) option.

    So, while I know that cocamidopropyl betaine is not the best ingredient because it's derived from petrochemicals in addition to coconut, I'm going to keep on using this shampoo because, as a whole, it's much better than my former shampoo by TIGI. :)

    ReplyDelete