Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Blissoma Product Review Program

Blissoma, a natural body care and candle company, has begun a Product Review Program. Every month, they choose a bunch of people to test Blissoma products and review them. This month 50 samples were sent out. The products may be new or existing formulations. If you're chosen as a tester and give your feedback on the product, you get a discount on your next purchase as a thank you. =D

 I was chosen as a tester for November's product - the Awake Morning Facial Moisturizer.

Blissoma Awake moisturizer
According to Blissoma's website, Awake is a lightweight day moisturizer that is supposed to firm, brighten, and give antioxidant protection. It is formulated from a combination of brightening and tonic herbs that "creates a lively complexion for you while building protection from the inside out." The ingredients include organic red raspberry seed oil (which offers natural Vitamin E), a blend of essential fatty acids,and Tamanu oil. These ingredients are traditionally known forth their ability to heal sun damage. Witch hazel, lemon balm, and eyebright firm and mattify. Organic Horsetail and Heather Flowers offer natural concentrations of the flavonoid quercetin. Quercetin has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties and contributes to proper collagen synthesis. Blissoma makes products in small batches with freshly prepared botanical ingredients.

I can't wait to try it out! I'll post a review in two weeks.


If you'd like to sign-up to be a potential tester, go to Blissoma's Facebook page. Once chosen, you'll receive an email with instructions on how to get your review to the company.

Review:

At first, I really did not enjoy this sample. It was very watery and felt more like a water-based serum than a moisturizer.

So, I put it aside and didn't think about it for a couple months. When I tried it again the consistency had changed to that of a very think serum. (I have no clue why this happened... maybe it separated during shipping?) I actually like it a lot - it's moisturizing but it doesn't leave any wet spots on the face where less moisture is needed. It sinks in quickly - I am able to apply my mineral foundation a couple minutes after applying this. I also really like the scent. I'm glad I gave this another try!

~ Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment