Friday, January 13, 2012

December Influenster Box

After seeing iluvjesse444's Green VoxBox haul, I signed up with Influenster. Basically, you create an account on their website and fill out information about yourself. You earn "badges" by answering different questionnaires. Some are about what your interests are, others are about how socially networked you are. They use this information to decide if they'd like to send you VoxBoxes, boxes of things to try out and give them feed back.

December 2011 Influenster VoxBox


This is what I received in my first VoxBox. They said that 98% of those who had signed up got this box. I had hoped that due to my questionnaires I would only get natural products, but you can see that that was not the case. However, I was interested in trying everything but the soap and the lip gloss.



imPRESS Press-On Manicure by Broadway Nails

I had never tried press-on nails before, so these were an interesting experience.The company claims that they last up to a week, but mine came off at work after writing by hand for a couple of hours.Also, though the packaging is very cute (the nails come in a plastic container shaped like a bottle of nail polish), it took me a while to get it open. O.

I also did not particularly care for the style/design I got. This came with a coupon for a dollar off my next purchase of imPress nails, so if I do pick up another pair it will be one of their cuter designs. I think I would only get these if I was going somewhere fancy and wanted my nails done, but had just broken one of my own nails. There are other coupons on their website if you like press-on nails and would like to check these out.

Softsoap Coconut Scrub Bar Soap

This bar exfoliates while it cleanses... but I have a bar soap I am happy with and did not want to try this one because it does not contain all natural ingredients.

Montagne Jeunesse Face Mask - Fruit Smoothie

I have tried Montagne Jeunesse Face Masks before, and I liked them. They're relativelely cheap and easy to find at Target and Walmart. I also like how them come in single serving sizes, so I don't have to worry about using it all up before it dries out. I do typically get more than one application out of each, but if whatever's left dries out, I don't mind because I already got my one use out of it. I hadn't tried this particular one, but it works just as well as all the others. :)

New York Color Liquid Lip Shine - Nude York City

I tried this out once so I could give them my feedback. I love the scent - it smells like a fruity candy... delicious. I also love how this is UNsticky - this is one of the least stickiest glosses I've tried (I also find Bare Escentuals' glosses to be unsticky). I also liked how it felt moisturizing, as opposed to just lying on my lips. However, I will not continue to use it because, like the soap, I have alternatives with better ingredients.

Mentos Pure Fresh Gum

I hadn't realized that Mentos made gum. I remember everyone was into Mentos in middle school. People would get a pack of either the regular or fruit flavored ones and then end up sharing the whole thing. So, I guess there was a nostalgic aspect. :) I like the flavor and the fresh, tingly feeling this gives my mouth. The flavor also lasts for an appreciable amount of time. I've already gone through the whole pack I got, and will probably re-purchase. I don't chew gum very often, but I like to have a pack in my purse just in case I think I have stinky breath. (I think gum freshens breath better than mints since they stay in your mouth longer.) Since I rarely chew gum, my extra packs of stick gum that I keep around invariably turn to mush or end up getting pieces of dirt stuck to the sticks. Disgusting. Since these are hard pieces of gum in a hard plastic pack, I won't have to worry about my back-up breath freshener crapping out.

LARABAR

I've tried out a couple different flavors of LARABARs before. I like how they are filling, even the small ones like the one I got in this pack. This is the only size I've eaten before - I'm not in love with their flavors/mouthfeel in general, but I like being able to eat a very small snack to get rid of any hunger pains between meals. I also like how it contains all natural and very simple ingredients. I did not like this flavor as much as other flavors that I have tried in the past (my favorite is the coconut one!). This tastes like apple and cinnamon-flavored nuts. Not bad, but not something I would purchase again.

If you're interested in Influester, sign up at influenster.com.

~ Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment