Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Green or Unclean: St. Ives Naturally Clear Apricot Scrub Blemish & Blackout Control

This was my go-to exfoliator/anti-acne cleanser. I loved how smooth my face felt after using this. When I first started moving to using natural products, I had thought I would be able to continue using this because St. Ives presents itself as having "all natural products." Sadly, I am not aware of any St. Ives product that is actually comprised of all natural ingredients. I stopped using this months ago when I read the ingredient list and saw that it included sodium laureth sulfate, but I thought it would be interesting to see how the entire list measured up on Skin Deep.
This has a Skin Deep Rating of 6


Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2%)

Inactive Ingredients: Water, Juglans Regia (Walnut) Shell Powder, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Zea Mays (Corn) Kernel Meal, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Trietanolamina, Glyceryl Searate, PEG 100 Stearate, Prunus Ameniaca (Apricot) Fruit Extract, Cetyl Acetate, Carborner, Polysorbate 60, Ceteareth 20, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, PPG 2 Methyl Ether, Phenethyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Methylisothiazolinone, Fragrance, Titanium Dioxide

Verdict: Unclean

~ Susan


1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1/24/2012

    Yeah,st.ives make us think that they're green but they aren't. And EWG..that web is pretty confusing also!I know that they try to be neutral,but for some people their info can be missinterpreted. For example parabens.If you search there,on their upper box about cancer info,it says"no information".While if you read the whole data by scrolling down,it says about cancer possibility info.But the upper conclusion box is confusing..I'm questioning EWG though it's useful..Oh my,sounds like hypocrite eh?:D

    ReplyDelete