Thursday, October 25, 2012

Green Sandwich

Spooky Snacks and Healthy Halloween Treats

What I Ate Wednesday is a blog social event held on Wednesdays by Jenn of the blog Peas and Crayons. It's an opportunity to share a day's food diary and to check out what other bloggers are eating. Thanks for hosting, Jenn! Here's what I ate:

Breakfast


For breakfast I ate two bananas and a packet of Artisana Cacao Bliss. I like to start my day out with fruit because a good, healthy start seems to make it easier to keep making good choices throughout the day. Fruit isn't always filling - that's where the healthy fat comes in!

Lunch


For lunch I had a green sandwich. I toasted two slices of Trader Joe's Complete Protein Bread.


Then, I sliced up a small avocado and smashed it into both pieces of toast. (More healthy fats for the win!) I added two petite cucumbers (sliced) and a handful of spinach to complete the sandwich. This tastes absolutely delicious, it's very filling, and I feel full of green energy after I eat it. This is my new favorite lunch! I'm kinda over salads - this is a salad sandwich!


I also had a cup of Yogi's Blueberry Slim Life Green Tea. I love it's saying its name - "I'll have a cup of Blueberry Slim Life, please!"

Snack

At work I helped myself to two fun-size Almond Joys from the Halloween candy bucket that we have for the kids. I'm going to try making some homemade ones soon.

Dinner


By the time I got home I was starving, so I heated up a packet of lentils in the microwave and at the whole thing, as is. I meant to eat some baby bell peppers that I have in the fridge, but I guess I'll have to get to those tomorrow.

~ Susan

2 comments:

  1. Your eats look delicious--especially that smashed avocado sandwich! I also love Tasty Bite Indian meals; they're great when you need food and you need it fast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love avocados on everything! But now my mouth is watering over your pumpkin blondies!

      Delete