Friday, October 19, 2012

Baking Mis-Adventures

Today I made Tone It Up's PerfectFit Donuts.



Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.

  • 1 cup Perfect Fit Protein
  • 3 tsp Coconut oil
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
  • 1/3 cup egg whites
  • 1 tsp stevia
  • dash of cinnamon

Bake for 7 to 9 minutes.


Good in theory, but the actual end product...

They weren't quite the texture I had hoped for - they were a bit chalky, which I put down to the protein powder. They also didn't hold together very well:




I suppose I'll stick to baking regular donuts. Does anyone have some tips about cooking with protein powder? I've tried making a couple of other baked goods with protein powder and they've all turned out horribly.

~ Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment