Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Green or Unclean: Clinique 3-step

My daily skin care routine for the past year and a half has been the Clinique 3-step system. I'm finishing up my last few travel sizes of the steps, and will be replacing them once I'm done. I thought I'd see how they measure up on Skin Deep.

Liquid Facial Soap - Oily Skin Formula

This received a Skin Deep Rating of 3

Ingredients: Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lauramidopropyl Betaine, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Cocoyl Sarcosinate, Tea-Cocoyl Glutamate, Butylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Serenoa Serrulata (Saw Palmetto) Fruit Extract, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Sucrose, Menthol, Hexylene Glycol, Polyquaternium-7, Laureth-2, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Sulfate, Edta, Disodium Edta, Sodium Benzoate, Phenoxyethanol 

Clarifying Lotion 3

Skin Deep Rating of 5
Ingredients: Water, Alcohol Denat., Salicylic Acid, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel), Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Trehalose, Sodium Hyaluronate, Citric Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, BHT, Phenoxyethanol, Benzophenone-4, Violet 2, Red 6, Orange 4

Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

Skin Deep Rating 4

Ingredients: Water Purified, Dimethicone, Isododecane, Butylene Glycol, Bis-Peg-18 Methyl Ether Dimethyl Silane, Glycerin, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Lactobacillus Ferment, Polygonum Cuspidatum Root Extract, Saccharomyces Lysate Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seedcake, Caffeine, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sucrose, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Polysilicone-11, Pentylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol Dicaprate, Oleth-10, Laureth-23, Laureth-4, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/Vp Copolymer, Carbomer, Tromethamine, Disodium Edta, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Yellow 5, Red 4, Yellow 6

I've grown used to my skin-care routine and I'm a bit nervous about starting a new regimen. When I started using Clinique, my skin really cleared up, so I'm worried that when I try something new that I'll break out. Here's hoping that natural products give me even better skin!

No comments:

Post a Comment