Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Green or Unclean: Benefit Powderflage

Benefit Powderflage is a concealer, but I use it as a setting powder for my concealer. It
 really helped with the problem I was having with mascara transfer. It can also be used to camouflage fine lines, dark circles, and spots. It comes with a brush, but I find that it just gets the powder everywhere, so I use my finger to apply.

This has a Skin Deep Rating of 3
 Ingredients: talc, mica, silica, dimethicone, titanium dioxide, hdi/trimethylol/hexyllactone crosspolymer, vinyl dimethicone/methicone/silsesquioxane crosspolymer, dimethicone, vinyl dimethicone crospolymer, trimethylsiloxysilicate,ethylene/methacrylate copolymer, ultramarines, manganese violet, polymethyl, methacrylate, sodium dehydroacetate, methylparaben, propylparaben, isopropyl titanium triisolstearate, iron oxides, tin oxide, tocopherol,glycinre soja(soybean)oil, ascorbyl palmitate

This has a decent rating (on the low side of "moderate hazard"), so I'll use it up; however, it has parabens, which I really want to avoid, so I won't be re-purchasing.

6 comments:

  1. I know someone from England who always uses Benefit... do you think it's on par with the MAC make-up??? Or have you not used a lot of it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a huge fan on Bare Minerals Well Rested. It serves the same purpose but is yellow toned instead. It also has much cleaner ingredients.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @MAGS - I like MAC a lot more, none of Benefit's products seem to look good on me :/ Benefit has a really interesting back story though - apparently a lot of strippers like to use Benetint(one of the only products I like) to enhance their assets

    @mary - thanks for the tip, I think I'll make the switch to Well Rested! I NEED something to set my under-eye concealer or my mascara tends to travel :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. MAGS - had a random thought today: Benefit's creaseless cream shadows definitely beat MAC's paint pots! =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1/06/2012

    Hey, you could use Everyday Mineral's under-eye concealer. I think it's called Aussie :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Anonymous - thanks for the tip! I actually bought Aussie Perk Me Up recently and have been using it as my under-eye concealer :)

    ReplyDelete