Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Wanna Make a Bet?

I bet that I can lose 4% of my body weight in four weeks. What about you?


I signed up to participate in a weight loss challenge through DietBet. The challenge is what I said above - to lose 4% or more of your body weight in four weeks. I've been thinking about what I eat for the a couple of months now, and I recently started Slim in 6. 4% of my body weight is only about 5 pounds, which I'm usually like - oh yeah, no problem, I can lose that. The thing is, over the past few years it's become more and more difficult to shed the extra weight I gain when I get lazy about diet and fitness. So, I figure this is a way to have a firm goal in mind that reasonably attainable and to get some outside support.

It costs $15 to join in. To verify that you've actually lost the weight you say you have, you have to take pictures of yourself on a scale at the beginning and end of the challenge. You take one of your weight (and I guess your feet), and another full body shot of yourself standing on the scale.

If you lose your goal amount, you get your money back. If you don't, it goes into a pot to be distributed among the winners.

Now, I'll admit that this sounds like something that could easily be misused by people who have an unhealthy obsession with weight loss. To prevent this, there are rules about how much you can lose (if you lose too much you get disqualified, for your own good).

I joined in on SarahFit's bet. I enjoy her blog and her YouTube videos. She'll be posting workouts and recipes on her challenge page, on DietBet's website. If you'd like to join click here.

~ Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment