|Cute Frog at the Aquarium|
I really enjoyed the city. I feel as though there's a much greater emphasis on green living - most of the food I saw in grocery stores was organic, there was a lot of public transportation, and tips about going green were posted EVERYWHERE!
Here are the top tips:
- Use public transportation or walk to work
- Shop locally and eat organic whenever possible
- Keep toxic substances out of storm drains
- Pick up litter before it gets carried into the water
- Buy recycles products and choose items with minimal packaging
- Bring cloth bags with you when you shop
- Use a stainless steel water bottle
- Eat sustainable fish and seafood
- Always recycle
- Plant a tree - well-placed trees around your house can reduce energy use
- Buy CFL light bulbs
- Unplug TVs, computers, and other electronics when they're off
Luckily, all of the walking and biking we did around the city helped me keep the weight off that I needed to in order to win my DietBet!
I also got to see some lovely houses. :)
It seems that more people were able to reach they're goals this round, because the payout was less than last time. This time, I concentrated on eating clean throughout the DietBet and I was able to reach my goal early on. Sarah says that there will be another Bet starting January 1. I'll probably join in for that one too!