According to the Conscious Box Website each month subscribers:
- Get a variety of unique pure & natural products
- Sample organic food to vegan beauty products
- Discover ethical and purpose-driven businesses of all sizes
- Get content on daily living tips, exciting monthly themes, and creative ways to use the box
I believe boxes usually get sent out around the 10th of each month. I received this one on the 13th. The theme of this month was "Unwrap An Open Heart."
My box, opened up. Underneath all the samples are little flyers/brochures that contain more information on the products as well as some coupon codes.
- Bloomin Seed Paper - adorable, yes? This pink heart is made of paper embedded with annual and perennial wildflower seeds; all you have to do is plant it under a thin layer of soil and water daily. It came with a coupon code "CB2012" that gives you 10% off your first order from www.bloomin.com.
- Dr. Cleangreen Instand Hand Purifier - this is the same sample that I received in my January Eco-Emi box. Though it doesn't contain any harsh chemicals, this kills 99.99% of germs on contact. It's 100% natural and 99% organic. It also smells like cinnamon. :)
- Badger Balm Lip Tint and Shimmer - though I've tried Badger Balms, I don't have any Badger lip products. This smells strongly of cocoa, which I don't really like.
- Soapbox Soap - this smells like lavender. For every bar of soap of theirs that it purchased, Soapbox donates one to people in need. For now I'm sticking this in my drawer to make my clothes smell good.
- Scientific Organics Kombucha Cleanser - this cleanser is suitable for all skin types.
- Agape Oils Frankincense Moisturizing Serum - this is an organic, highly-concentrated moisturizer
- Mayron's Goods Barrier & Diaper Cream - I don't have a baby, so at first I was "huh..." However, it was accompanied by a sheet that listed adult uses for the cream. It can be used to soothe chafing, bug bites, excema, and dogs' hot spots.
- C3* for Stress - this sample contains two packets of all-natural, sugar-free, effervescent drink mix in the flavor lemon lime.These are meant to "clear away tension, restore calm, and connect you to your natural energy."
- Natural Vitality Natural Calm - this is a raspberry-lemon flavored "anti-stress drink." It combats stress by supplementing your magnesium intake.
- Himala Salt Himalayan Pink Salt Shaker - this is pure Himalayan Salt with no additives but plenty of essential trace elements.
- Nutcase Crunch - this is a "nut-based, naturally gluten free cereal" made of almonds, pecans, coconut, and pine nuts. I think I'll stick to regular cereal, but I will use this for the apple crisp recipe that was included with the product.
- Love Grown Foods Simply Oats - this granola-like snack is made with gluten-free oats with organic agave syrup.
- ResVes WineTime Resveratrol Bar - this is a Chocolate-Raspberry flavored snack bar which contains "more Resveratrol than 50 glasses of red wine."
- Nature Crops Quinoa and Prunes Bar - hmmmm... I like quinoa, and I like prunes, but somehow this sounds less than delicious. I will give it a try, but I find this bar a bit dubious.
- Treehouse Herbs Organic Vitality & Energy Tea - I love tea, I always have at least a cup a day. It has an interesting blend of ingredients including alfalfa and St. John's Wort.
- Olbas Pastilles - these are maximum strength herbal cough drops made with menthol to help clear the head and soothe the throat.
These were discreetly packaged in the burgundy tissue paper in the first picture above. Conscious Box sent us an email before the boxes were shipped to warn us these were included. I thought that these were an odd addition to the box, but I suppose it went with the love theme of February.
- Good Clean Love Personal Lubricant - this lubricant is organic and free of petrochemicals, parabens, and glycerin
- Blossom Organics Natural Moisturizing Lubricant & Pure Pleasure Arousal Gel - these are pH balanced, latex-friendly, glycerin-free, and aloe-based
And on that note, this post is done!