Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Yes to Carrots Color Balm

Happy Valentine's Day!!! Here's what I'm rocking on my kissable Valentine lips. :)

When I saw a display with the new color balms from Yes to Carrots, I picked up the shade Soft Plum so I could try it out. I liked it so much that I headed back and picked up the other two colors - Rosy Bloom and Peachy Keen.


These impart a little bit of color and a lot of moisture. Soft Plum is the most noticeable on the lips, while Peachy Keen doesn't really show up at all. They have a nice sheen, but no sparkle.

Swatches from left to right: Soft Plum, Rosy Bloom, Peachy Keen
Same order, under slightly different light
















These are nice tinted balms that are easy to throw on, even without a mirror. These are good choice for Valentine's Day - they amp up your natural lip color, but you don't have to worry about them getting smeared while kissing. :)

Ingredients: RICINUS COMMUNIS (CASTOR) SEED OIL, CERA ALBA (BEESWAX), ETHYL PALMATE,HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL, SIMMONDSIA CHINENSIS (JOJOBA) SEED OIL, OLEA EUROPAEA (OLIVE) FRUIT OIL, SORBITAN TRISTEARATE,THEOBROMA CACAO (COCOA) SEED BUTTER, BEHENYL BEHENATE, EUPHORBIA CERIFERA CERA (EUPHORBIA CERIFERA (CANDELILLA) WAX), COPERNICIA CERIFERA CERA (COPERNICIA CERIFERA (CARNAUBA) WAX), CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE),CI 77491 (IRON OXIDES),TOCOPHEROL,AMMONIUM GLYCYRRHIZATE,CI 77492 (IRON OXIDES),DAUCUS CAROTA SATIVA ROOT EXTRACT (DAUCUS CAROTA SATIVA (CARROT) ROOT EXTRACT)

If you're looking for a bit more color, Yes to Carrots make "Lip Tints" that are much more opaque.

~ Susan

2 comments:

  1. These look great, I'm not a fan of lipstick so like tinted balms. I wonder if these are available in UK? I have long list of products I need to track down :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look nice:) It usually takes a while for things to make their way to Canada, but I'm definitely keeping my eye out for these!

    ReplyDelete