Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day, y'all! My dad and I ran a 5k this morning. It was a little rough - I usually run on a treadmill, but even when I'm outdoors, the trail near my house is pretty flat. The course today was full of hills. Quite meanly, the largest was right before the finish line.



I ran the 5k in 36 minutes, which is about 12 minutes per mile. I'd really like to run faster miles, so I'm going to start following Shape's 5 week running plan. I'm going to double it so it lasts 10 weeks and builds up to a 10k or 6 miles by the end.


I have trouble following plans exactly, but I like to have something to plan out my workouts. Do you like to make you're own plan or find one to follow?

I had a good time with my dad. We both like running and signing up for races ensures that we exercise regularly. I hope you had a great day too!

~ Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment