Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Tomato Pasta

I have been working longer hours than usual, so when I get home I am EXTREMELY RAVENOUS!!! As such, I have been making super-quick, extra-easy dinners.



Here's one of my current favorites:
  • one box of pasta (I always use either whole wheat, or high fiber pasta)
  • one carton of grape/cherry tomatoes
  • olive oil
  • a couple tablespoons of orange juice
 Instructions:
1. Pre-heat oven to 400F and begin boiling water for pasta.
2. Drizzle tomatoes with some olive oil. Roast until wrinkly.
3. While tomatoes are roasting, cook pasta.
4. When the tomatoes are done, scrape them and their juices into a bowl. Stir in a couple tablespoons of orange juice.
5.  Toss pasta with the tomato/orange juice mixture.
6. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Enjoy!

Tonight I ate this with some roasted asparagus and a side salad.

~ Susan



Today's smoothie: pineapple, mango, and orange juice

No comments:

Post a Comment